Requirements are as follows...
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age. (Excluding Contemporary Freestyle)
- Preferably you should have a good sense of rhythm and love dancing with the aim to start teaching.
- Some previous dancing experience will also be beneficial.
- Must have completed all the training requirements as set by the SADTA Council.
- Must successfully complete the Student Teachers Exam as set by the SADTA Council.
- Must also complete at least two work experience sessions.
- On the successful completion of your Student Teachers exam you will be issued with an Student Teachers Certificate from the SADTA Head Office.
- NB :- Qualified Student Teachers may only enter students upto Bronze Level for the SADTA Line Dance Medal Exams.
A study manual compiled by the SADTA Council for your Student Teachers exam is available.
Please use our contact form to request a copy of Student Teachers Study Manual should you wish to qualify as an SADTA Student Teacher.
There is a lot to learn and know and this manual will be essential for the successful completion of you Student Teachers Exam. (There is a small purchase fee for the manual, available on request)
An application form for the Student Teachers Exam can be downloaded HERE.