Meet our Qualified Professional Examiners. (PE)
How does a Member become a Professional Examiner. (PE)
The council shall have the power to appoint such persons as they shall select on the recommendations of the Branch Committee to act as examiners of the Association and all persons so appointed shall hold office for such a period and upon such conditions as to remuneration and otherwise as the Council shall think fit. The Council shall have the power at any time to determine the appointment of an Examiner. No person shall be appointed to act as an examiner who is not a member of the Association or who holds any office or appointment in any other Association, body or organisation having objects similar to the objects of the Association.
The appointment of a "Professional Examiner" position is by invitation only. The process of appointment may vary slightly.
- The Line Dance Head in consultation with the KZN Branch Chair will invite the candidate to be appointed as Professional Examiner.
- Once they have been invited and have accepted the nomination, a request will be put forward to National Council to formally appoint them.
- Appointments only take place twice a year at National Council meetings in Johannesburg, normally in May and November.
- They will then receive a letter from Head Office appointing them to the role of "Professional Examiner", subject to the required exams being completed successfully and 3 (three) mocks being completed successfully.
- At each mock, they will receive a confirmation report, and after successful completion of all the mocks (3), they will join the panel of "Professional Examiners."
- Being appointed as a "Professional Examiner" does qualify them to conduct examinations for Professionals (Examining Teachers).
- Must have a minimum of a Fellowship qualification.
- Must have a minimum of ten years unbroken teaching experience, preferably running your own studio.
- They are required to pass the "Professional Examiners" exam as set by the SADTA Council.
- Are required to do 3 (three) mock exams.
Confirmation of their appointment as a "Professional Examiner" will be endorsed by the SADTA Council.