STUDENT MEDAL TESTS.
Medal Tests are offered at different times and venues during the year.
To find out more about the next Medal Test day Click Here.
They have been created by the SADTA to help students learn the following...
- Musical Interpretation. (Timing, Phrasing and Continuity)
- Performance. (Flight, Eyes and Character)
- Technique. ( Footwork, Legs, Hips, Accuracy, Posture, Heads, Arms and Shaping)
During the test the candidates are marked individually and receive their own report sheet from the Medal Test Examiner. SADTA Certificates are also awarded to candidates who have successfully completed a medal test and from Bronze Level upwards also receive a Bar and a Medal.
These are offered at different times and venues through the year. Please check our Events Calendar for more dates and venues or ask your SADTA Qualified Instructor for more information.
Some of the dance styles offered in our Medal Tests.
- Slow Waltz
- West Coast Swing and East Coast Swing.
- Social Cha Cha and Cuban Cha Cha.
- Stage. (This category is marked mainly on performance and showmanship but technique and timing is also important)
Our Medal Test Levels.
- Tiny Tots (5 years and under) - Graded on 1 dance.
- Pre-Teens (6 - 12 years) - Graded on 2 dances.
- Social Bronze (Optional) Any age - Graded on 1 Dance.
- Bronze Bar - Graded on 2 Dances.
- Bronze Medal - Graded on 2 Dances.
- Silver Bar - Graded on 3 Dances.
- Silver Medal - Graded on 3 Dances.
- Gold Bar - Graded on 4 Dances.
- Gold Medal - Graded on 4 Dances.
- Golden Scroll - Graded on 5 Dances.
- Blue Riband - Graded on 5 Dances.
- Emerald Star - Graded on 5 Dances.